Sunday, March 18, 2012

Of pouches and potholders

Yesterday was another good crafting/sewing day. Since I'll be travelling for almost 2 weeks soon, I wanted to cram as much sewing as I can in the time I have left! Next Saturday will be the last Saturday before my trip... Gasp!

Anyway, I had my goals set down for yesterday. I wanted to complete at least 2 more multipurpose pouches (one of which I plan to use as a gift for my just-married staff, to put the wedding card & angpau we collected in), as well as get cracking on some potholders my colleague requested. I was planning to hand quilt the potholders when I travel heheh...

The pouches went over pretty quickly, save for some minor grievances with the machine in the beginning (the more advanced it is, the more delicate *sigh*)

Then I pored over my book again for the potholder effort. Trying to make sense of the pictures and adapting the design & measurements were a bit of a challenge (the book was in Japanese), but I basically winged it when it came to certain parts I wasn't clear on. Just finished whip-stitching them closed today, so I can show them to my frien tomorrow & bring them along for a bit of hand sewing later yeay!

It was a good day!

Now, I have 5 days to think about what else to make next Saturday that I can hopefully bring along for the trip... Too bad I can't sew on the flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment