Sunday, December 25, 2011

Of pre-cuts, yardage & the end products

I love charm packs & other pre-cuts. I love the fact that pre-cuts gives me an opportunity to have and play with the whole set in a fabric range... otherwise it'll cost me a mini-fortune to buy each piece in each colorway!


This is the first time I'm actually using up one of our pre-cuts... I chose Dream On by Urban Chiks cos of the sunshiny colors :) Made up 4 nine-patch blocks with 6 charm pieces left over for another project. Spent an hour arranging the pieces, but sewing them up was a breeze.... my patchworking has improved I guess, since my seams matched up! Hehehe...



Haven't quite decided what to do with them yet... my options at the moment: 1) make 2 bags, or 4 if they're just the main centerpiece, 2) turn them into a baby quilt, or 3) line them up and make a table runner. Will update what happens to them once they get turned into something :)


One of these days, I plan to make this bag from pre-cuts or patchwork strips, just for variety... for the moment, though, this yardage seems to give that illusion anyway :)


This one's available ye, only RM 45 without postage. Drop me a line if you're interested, before someone grabs it off the shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment