Sunday, November 13, 2011

Of coasters & pincushions...

I set a silent goal for myself this past week, to sew at least a little bit (1/2 to 1 hr) each night. I had gotten started on these coasters last weekend after working on a wonky log-cabin block (which I'll share once I decide what to do with it :p), and wanted to keep the momentum going.


By Friday, I had these all completed and blind-stiched too... a set of 4 unique, wonky scrappy coasters :) I just love the bright fabrics!


They're even reversible, if you feel like using the other side for a change :) the backing used home dec cotton.



Friday, I finally tried my hand at making a pincushion. When you think about too many patterns that you wanna try, it can actually delay the process of actually making the item itself (very common happening for me :p). In the end I just went with some binding scraps we had in the house and fashioned some patchwork out of them... Whaddaya think?



I'll put all these in the shop for sale... just as soon as I figure out the costing & price :)


All in all, not a bad week right? It's nice to put your hand to something other than customer orders for a change, and enhance your skills in the process :)


Have a good crafting week ahead everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment