Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Latest bag (new pattern)

This is my most recently-completed bag, made using a pattern in another newly-purchased book 'The New Handmade'. Ada sikit rasa stress masa nak siapkan, cos the turning out part was more difficult with this bag since it has fusible interfacing on it, but I kinda like how it turned out. It's a nice enough size for an adult to shoulder- or hand-carry, but also small enough for a child to shoulder-carry (as modeled by my 5 y.o. daughter below).


Because of the interfacing, it's quite stiff enough to stand on its own (without any contents to hold it up). It's big enough to hold a couple of books or magazines (but I'm not sure if it's big enough to be a document bag). The top band is actually green, to match the bag's color scheme, but the light doesn't quite show the color. My good friend wants to order a document bag from me, so if this fits her bill, I'll make another (slightly bigger perhaps) for her...



Once she's seen this, I think I'm gonna give this to my darling daughter for her 'bag mengaji'...

Verdict please? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment