Sunday, July 29, 2012

Simple patchwork needle book

Before my business trip last March, I wanted to make a portable needle book. I had needles stuck to thread spools, in their plastic packaging, on scraps of fabric... No specific housing for those sharp needles (I've poked myself a couple of times cos I forgot I had a needle in some spot :p).

Not anymore! :) I grabbed some scraps from the shop's table, cut several felt pages for the book, and started piecing the fabrics together. I winged the measurements and in less than an hour had this sweet thing done.

I just worked from memory, trying to recall the various tutorials I'd looked at, and I think it got it all covered. There were some steps that I'd have done differently, but the outcome would be pretty much the same.

I'm loving it! Will transfer all my betweens and embroidery needles to it soon, and stock up on more sharps...

No comments:

Post a Comment